Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ode to the Disney Store

Snow White - So, Eliana told me she wanted to be Snow White for Halloween. Now Snow White costumes are readily available in just about every store in town, especially Eliana's favorite - the Disney Store. Do I go and buy her one of these lovely premade costumes you ask??? NO, of course not, because of my giant ego, I volunteer to MAKE one! Of course Ellie loved this idea and happily accompanied me to the fabric store where I spent $35 on a pattern, fabric and ribbon and that is on sale with an additional coupon! Keep in mind I could have purchased the perfect Disney version for $39.50!





Anyway, I spent one evening making the top half, which I thought would be the difficult part and it came out pretty cute. The next night I made the skirt which took hours of working with that horrible fraying material and me saying quite a few words I should not repeat. Needless to say, I was not at all happy with the end result and told Jonah that I was going to go to the Disney Store anyway! However, I hung the dress in Ellie's room so she could see it in the morning.





This is what we heard when she woke up:





" Oh, I have a Snow White dress! Mommy sewed it for me on her sewing machine. She made it all by herself. It is so beautiful"





I swore Jonah went in and told her to say that but he swears he didn't. I suppose it was all worth while in the end. She spent the entire day in the dress except when I made her take it off for eating. I, however, would still appciate kind comments on my pitiful sewing job!











1 comment:

Jacob said...

Are you kidding? This looks great! Thanks for updating this so often. I'm sorry I don't check in more. Missing you guys and the kids! Best, -Jacob