Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Princess

Eliana is 4!
For the life of me, I don't know how 4 years has passed so quickly. She is a smart, loving, kind little girl. I am so proud of her when I see her help her little brother or do something kind for another person. Eliana is pretty creative too and she's always making up songs or stories or new games. She loves ballet, music, art, and of course princess! She taught herself how to sound out words about 6 months and has been reading some simple books. We haven't pushed this too much but since she is interested and schools here seem so competitive I will probably start making more time to sit and let her read to me. (maybe while I am nursing a newborn...)
For her special day we celebrated as a family and she also had a Princess Tea Party with the little girls from her preschool class and a couple of other friends. As Wong family parties go, it was very low key. Jonah and I made her the cake she wanted and she chose cookies, tea, and pizza to serve her guests. She was thrilled to play dress up with her friends and serve them tea too. This year was also special because it was the first time that Papa and Gigi were able to celebrate Eliana's birthday in person with her.


Happy Birthday to You!
Make a wish!


Just checking to make sure there are 4 candles!


We love you beautiful little girl. Thank you for coming into our lives and making it so much better than it was before.



No comments: